Have you been following our first five tips for perfect makeup? If you have, brilliant! They will have set you up perfectly for the next five in our series. The advice we shared in the first part of our guide will give you a great quick and easy look for a more casual occasion, but if you’re looking for something a little more show-stopping, the remainder of our ten-step guide to perfect makeup will give you all the tips you need to make a splash on a night out or a date.
1. Cheeks – You’ve sorted out the basic components of your look with the base, eyes and lips, so now it’s time to add a bit of blush, don’t you think? Blusher can make or break a look, so be sparing with it. Again, look for a tone as close as possible to your natural complexion when flushed; nothing too bright, garish or sparkly please.
2. Highlights – To recapture that feminine, youthful radiance, a highlighter is a good addition at this stage. Concentrate on your t-zone and the bone structure of your face to give yourself a healthy glow.
3. Perfect and elaborate – Time to throw on the finishing touches and tidy everything up. Is your foundation blended into your neckline, hairline and ears subtly enough? Is there any clumping in your mascara? Go through and get everything finished up to a high standard, and if you’re so inclined, be brave and try a more outlandish or glamorous look. Tonight’s the night to turn heads, let’s make it happen!
4. Evaluate – Now you’re going to need to take a step back and see how you’ve done. Take a look at yourself in several different light-sources; not all of them will give you consistent results. Ask your friends and family for a second opinion (not the men, they’ll give you a non-committal ‘you look great’ every time). Your friends will be the most honest and more likely to give you a straight answer.
5. Replenish – By now, you should be looking fabulous. All that’s left for you to do is ensure that you remain looking great all night long. Take a look at our five makeup survivor essentials for tips on how to keep your look fresh and flawless for as long as possible.
There we go, that wasn’t so complicated, was it? By following our ten-step guide to perfect makeup, you’ll find that you can create a consistently flawless look, every time. Why not take a look at our full range of cosmetic products to start building a look that works for you?
Found this useful? Share the love!